Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Have No Attention Span: Why I Suck at Blogging

Wow, I am the worst blogger ever. I get busy, distracted, de-motivated...it's horrible. I'm sorry. Last time I posted Paisley was wearing a full leg cast with a displaced fracture. Almost 3 months later and she is totally fine. All healed up. Here are a few highlights that I missed blogging about:

JUNE
  • Celebrated 3 years of being married to Jason at the best restaurant I've been to in years.
  • Went to Cara and Alan's wedding, and got to witness the best Thriller dance since the MJ video.
  • Started my summer program at the VLP.
  • And speaking of the VLP, I've also been given a promotion. I am now the Outreach Programs Coordinator, which is basically just a fancy title that means I get to do a lot of cool things. I'm in charge of all of the literacy programming for infants/toddlers, students, adults and seniors. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm ready for it.
JULY
  • Entered Paisley in her first dog show - she took Winner's Reserve. If you don't know what it is, look it up - it's really hard to explain and since I've had to do so about 10 million times in the past month, I just can't do it anymore.
  • Surprised my sister for her 30th birthday - it was really fun.
  • Hosted Jason's family for a long weekend. We went to an Orioles Game and saw The Dark Knight (which, by the way, was outstanding).
  • Started attending a weekly trivia night at a bar in Fells Point. Our team is steadily growing (as people realize how AWESOME it is), and it has been a blast. More trivia tomorrow night!
  • Joined the local YMCA and have been swimming almost every day since. I love it. The pool is wonderful, it's close by, and best of all I LOVE the way I feel every day.
And here we are. Things are good. Our dear friend Emily is returning to us from Germany (and Canada) this week and will be living with us for a while. I've been working hard getting her room ready, making sure the bathroom is clean and fixed up, etc. I can't wait to see her, to work with her...and living with her will be super fun, too!

Well thanks for reading the update. I don't want to promise that I'll post more often and then fail at it, but please don't give up on me! Here are some photos from the past couple of months!


she loves the leather couch - nice and cool in the summertime





She's in a phase right now where she will not be still long enough for me to take her picture. This one is in between her barking furiously at me. "NO NO NO!" But look how looooong she is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! you blogged! thanks for the update.

it's hard to believe how big paisley is now!

Crispy Banana said...

she is soooooooooooo cute