Saturday, January 12, 2008

something new

So I've decided to start a blog. I've actually started a few blogs, but none of them worked. I didn't have anything to say. Well, my life is about to change pretty drastically. My husband and I are getting a Border Terrier in a few weeks, and I wanted to figure out a way to chronicle our little puppy's life with us. In addition I may write about other things that interest me, like what I'm cooking up or what I'm reading, but for the most part this blog is dedicated to our little pup.

We're getting our puppy from a breeder couple not too far away. They're very nice, totally legit, and more knowledgeable about the breed than anybody. We were there last weekend to meet them and their dogs. We also met 5 two week old puppies - one of which will be ours very soon! When we met them they had just opened their eyes. They couldn't walk, but were doing quite a bit of squirming and squealing.

We're going back next Saturday to visit and see how the little ones are doing. Our breeder said they are now "toddling" - I can't wait! We are going to be choosing between 4 girls and 1 little boy. We're just going to take our time and visit them as much as we can so that we can pick the best one for us. I'll take pictures next time.

Off to put in a chicken and continue watching LOST Season 3. Can't wait for January 31st!

Oh, welcome to dogby :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE love love the header. excited!!!

Blythe said...

Yay for a puppy!!! I also like the header on this blog. I'll miss you over in Xanga land. But this looks great and I can't wait to see pictures of the puppy.